Dirt, pollutants, genetics, hormones, and even products that we come in contact with can all cause acne, eczema, pimples, wrinkles, and a whole lot of other problems.
If you’re looking to get clear skin, here are some things you can start doing TODAY to become blemish free:
- Stop touching your face. If you find yourself resting your chin on your hand a lot, and you seem to break out in that spot quite often, make a concentrated effort to STOP resting your chin on your hand. When ever possible, try to avoid touching any part of your face with your hands as your hands are the dirtiest part of your body.
- Wash your face at least twice a day. Washing our face is important to get rid of impurities and dirt that may otherwise cause breakouts, but what is also important is that we are using a cleanser that is right for our skin type. Be sure to learn about the type of skin you have and to choose facial products based on that.
- Follow up any cleanse with cold water. Right after you wash your face, rinse your face with cold water to seal up those pores. This will help prevent any impurities, including your makeup, from clogging up your pores.
- Try to wear less makeup. Cosmetics really can be a problem for those looking to have clear skin. Yes, the makeup we use may help conceal our blemishes, but they also can cause blemishes too. If you absolutely cannot go without your foundation and cover up, make sure that you are choosing hypoallergenic products that are water-based. Oil-based products clog pores, and hypoallergenic products or any products made for sensitive skin will help prevent break outs and blotchy skin.
- Drink 8 glasses of water. Drinking water helps hydrate our skin from the inside and out. It also helps detoxify our skin, which means that the impurities and toxins that may be causing the problems will be washed away.
- Learn to eat better. Find yourself sitting at the fast food window often or snacking late at night? Start changing your eating habits so that you can change the quality of your skin. Take a multivitamin and really focus on eating fresh, lean foods that include a lot of fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, and fibers. These nutrients help support healthy skin.
- You need more sleep. Most of us aren’t getting nearly enough sleep every night, which is often a cause for “bad skin”. Even if you do not have time to sleep a full 8 hours one night, make sure to catch up on some zzz’s with a nap. Even a 15 minutes cat nap in the middle of the day can help improve your life in so many ways, including your skin.
- Squeezing pimples will get you no where. Yes, pimples are annoying and you just want to get rid of them, but squeezing them will NOT help the problem. Picking at them will also not help “dry” or “air” them out so that they go away faster. This will only cause for them to grow larger, or you may even be left with permanent scarring.